« Home | Unsent » | Kiss Me Goodbye » | Malas Lang » | Really You and Me » | Bakit Gusto Kong Maging Dukha » | When Even » | Confession » | And Love in Return » 

Saturday, December 10, 2005 

Will You Still Love Me

~

If we’ll live in a house with no pretty garden
with no birds that sing in mornings
And I can’t cover your bed with the softest linen
nor put a diamond on your ring


Will you still love me
If I’ve not much more than a penny to give
to take you to a finer dinner
For I never even tasted such luxury
of those born with a spoon of silver


Will you still love me
If we ride a carriage made for farming
and we can’t charter to different places
And we’ll read only of those in books
with tattered and worn-out pages


Oh, but I do dream of a house with butterfly gates
and a bedroom with a view
To feast and dine on porcelain plates
and to picture a yard in dew


But ask me of what I do not have
A mansion or an acre lot
If your happiness rely upon these things
I love you dear but no, thank you
You really love me not


--
Lei
September, 2004

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates